Relaxation dentistry as it is known, conscious sedation is one of the topics most studied in theory but less practiced. In order to deliver fear-free, high-quality dentistry and ultimately aiming at developing a positive attitude towards dental health, Conscious sedation is going to be in great demand in future.With continued advances in sedation approaches knowledge about its applications in the management of fear and anxiety in a dental patient is increasingly realized.This course attempts to equip dental clinicians and staff on the safe and efficient use of sedation on their patients.
- Hands on training.
- Basic life support (BLS) and advanced life support (ALS) simulation certified training included organized by renowned GVK EMRI- GVK Emergency Medical Research Institute.
- Address issue of procurement of sedation equipment, purchase negotiations, installation, and maintenance.
*Limited Seats: 10
*Venue: SSCDS Campus, Vikarabad
*Course Fee : 20,000 INR
*Course duration : 3 Days
*Enhance your Dentistry Skills
*In-house Accommodation upon request
*Call now !! 8885060776
- The primary objective is to train clinicians to treat apprehensive and fearful patients who need extensive dental treatment.
- Intended to provide a complete solution of Inhalational sedation with Nitrous Oxide + Oxygen Provide dependable emergency management skills.
- Train in safe sedation practice.
Single module for 4 days, Including course material in DVD.
Accommodation for three nights provided at the in-campus guest house.
- History of pain and anxiety control in dentistry.
- Causes, signs and symptoms of dental anxiety/phobia.
- Spectrum of patient management techniques including the distinction between conscious sedation and general anesthesia.
- Behavioral/non-pharmacological management of anxiety/phobia.
- Patient assessment for sedation including indications, contraindications and consideration of the planned dental procedure.
- Cardio-respiratory physiology and anatomy relevant to sedation.
- Specific problems relating to young, special care and elderly patients.
- Importance of concurrent disease and drug therapy in patients undergoing sedation.
- Applied pharmacology of contemporary conscious sedation agents.
- Equipment required for the administration of sedation including that used for monitoring.
- Principles and practice of monitoring appropriate physiological variables.
- Importance of effective airway protection and management.
- Importance of good local analgesia in sedation techniques.
- Potential difficulties and dangers of over and under sedation.
- Principles of safe recovery and discharge following sedation.
- Medico-legal aspects of the provision of conscious sedation.
- Health and safety issues affecting the provision of conscious sedation.
- Recognition and management of complications of sedation.
- Establishment of sedation facility including procurement of equipment of machinery.